Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tori's Favorite


A few years ago, I drew this while waiting for my kids to finish taking some tests. I was bored and have this curious fascination with columns and masonry. Totally weird, I know.


Fantasy. I love reading fantasy, watching fantasy movies and some art work. I also love medeival times, Lord of The Rings and stuff like that. There is a popular book series by author Brian Jaques called REDWALL that I read and collect too. So, I guess this is my little contribution. This is also my daughter's favorite, all time drawing.


It wasn't/isn't meant to be a serious piece of work, like all the stuff I draw in my sketch book, it started as a doodle. It could be used as a book illustration, maybe a stage set. Mostly, it's just something I did while bored in a crowded room.


I have thought about doing book illustrations for children's books, but I dunno, when you end up having to create something because you are being paid...I kind of get artist's block. Maybe that is why I couldn't cut it as a graphic artist. Too much pressure. On the other hand, when I get to just do my own thing and create, I can think of the best stuff, so if I wrote & illustrated my own childrens book, perhaps I would do ok.


I'll cross that bridge when/if I ever get there. Time to close this out and get on with my evening.
My thought for the day? When you get to create instead of have to create, it goes from being fun to being work. I need to get over that.

No comments: