Monday, July 7, 2008

Drawing from Memory


I actually started with a doodle, just some lines while talking on the phone. Then my mind went back to the summer I went to Destin, Florida with a friend of mine. It rained almost the whole time we were there and to make matters worse, there was no swimming because of all the jellyfish being swept in from the ocean. Even with all of that it was one of the best vacations I have ever had.

No family to have to feel obligated to go and visit. No iternary to have to follow. We shopped, slept and relaxed whenever we wanted. At night we would take a bottle of wine, some glasses and light blanket (it was actually cool after the storms rolled through). We would sit there for hours, watching the night sky and talk about anything and everything. I needed that more than anything else right then. It was the summer before I started my first year of college. Good times.

I told the kids not long ago, that I would love to go to the beach again someday. Just to chill. Not having to be anywhere or do anything but play in the sand and waves, look for seashells and relax. I think they would like that a lot. *sigh* someday...

My thought for today? As much as I would like to go, the sudden realization that I would have to wear a swimsuit in public just made me cringe in horror. Maybe we'll go north to Montanna instead?

kat

No comments: