Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Making The Most of My Time?

I am at the local library and I have to say, I am wasting time. Time I could be at home cleaning house, knitting, reading, something!

But what am I doing? Yup, I am sitting here on the computer, looking at Youtube and blogging. What a goober!

I did find some books to take home, none of which have anything to do with knitting. Write that down. I usually go home with one or two, but our library has the same ones and I am bored with them. This time, I am checking out some books about grant writing, I recently met someone who does that and was intrigued. I thought I would see what that was all about, at least I can hold a conversation with the person next time they start talking about it.

Then I checked out a book about Blogging. I figured if I am going to spend time doing a blog journal, I might as well try and do a good job of it.

Let's see, then I checked out a book about writing and illustrating children's books. I have several sketch books from over the years of short stories that I have totally made up from the hip to entertain my children then wrote down. My husband & kids keep telling me I need to try and publish them. I thought I would at least research it.

It's kind of irritating being here actually. There are a lot of kids here, and on the computers. They are so LOUD and disruptive. I can hardly hear myself think. The women sitting next to me just got mad and left. I'm about to complain too.

I remember when I was a kid, you got that LOOK from the librarian if you even appeared to look loud. The worst (for me anyway, because I loved books and reading) was to be kicked out of the library, for the rest of the day or even a week. I never was thank goodness but I knew of a few kids that got banned from the library for the whole summer! Wow, they were truly miscreants of society, back in my hometown anyway. LOL!

Now, I can't tell if the librarians just are softies, afraid to confront them or don't care. They do have a security guard, he is really good actually. I've seen him keep order on several occasions without having to be ugly and yelling. He just firmly tells them what he expects and he seems to be just great.

The biggest reason I am even here is for the kids. They can't do anything on the antiquated dial up we have out where we live and if they want to update anything, watch youtube or catch up with long distant friends, they need something better. My son has friends in Germany and Ireland that he likes to chat with.

Well, I have a pinch in my shoulder and I don't think I can take much more typing time. So I am going to call it a day. Hopefully something more interesting will be taking place here.

my thought for today is... where is the shhhhhhhhhhhh! in the library?

kat

No comments: