Thursday, December 6, 2007

Winter Knitty is Up!

New Knitty is Up!
OMGoodness! I LOVE the newest pattern!!!!It is absolutely gorgeous and I must have it. It is lace, mohair, beads, a wimple or cowl (which I would actually wear) all in one! I may have to break down and order some more Mohair Lace weight yarn for the shop...gads! *sigh*

http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter07/PATTicequeen.html

You just have to see the beautiful blue one...is that not gorgeous? I am completely enamoured with it now...I must save the pattern now and add it to my ever growing list of things to do.

My son has to have a "Dirty Santa" gift for next Monday's Annual Boy Scout Christmas Party, (which just happens to fall on Monday, the same day as the Hernando Christmas Parade.) I think I have to make something...the price range is between $10 and $15 for a gift. Hmmmmm...Mountain Color yarn $19.00 + my time making the fingerless gloves on size 6 dp's should MORE than cover that...right?

I am still inching along on Renee's scarf...gads it feels like I am going at snail's pace on this thing, that mixed with the fact I keep having to put it to the side to work on "quickie" projects for the holidays. It will get done...I told Tony last night, "Well, at the rate I am going, it will be done by next year October (which I believe is the official Breast Cancer Awareness Month)." *sigh* I must not grow weary in well doing.

I got to see Amy's http://geauxamyb.blogster.com/ socks that she is working on. They are sooooo cute and she did them in Nashua's CF cotton. They are really looking great! Hi Amy! I heard about Nick praying last night, he is such a cutie!

Eloise http://dingledaisy.blogster.com/ is down with a bad cold and won't be joining us tonight for Knit In. Keep her in your prayers and thoughts for a speedy -quick recovery. We want her to be able to be at the Fiber Crawl with the Fibers Guild Saturday.

Lala http://www.lalasknits.blogspot.com/ has been hard at work dyeing sock yarn! She apparently has dyed herself a bit in the process. We are looking forward to seeing the colors she has chosen for the sock yarn...even if we have to look at her hands and imagine. I am very excited about the sock yarn and her stepping out and doing this. She has a beautiful sense of color and I can't imagine her not taking off with this. Hopefully she will have pics posted, but if not, you can by the shop and see them up close and personal after this weekend.

Patty Holmberg has brought some more hand dyed rovings into the shop. A gorgeous lilac and a really unique green which reminds me of a patina type color. I spun up some lilac that she gave me Monday as a gift. OMGoodness! Spinning it was like "butta". It spun so smoothly and consistently it was amazing! There will be more to come too. More colors and more varieties.

Well, I need to get with it. I have some things to get done and a customer just called to say she was on her way.

Happy knitting and remember, its only 19 more days to Christmas!
kat

1 comment:

Becky G said...

MMMMM, I love that smoke ring, cowl, wimple thing, too. My problem is that I don't know a soul who would actually wear it.

Kidsilk Haze...I remember seeing something like that last time I was up that way. I don't remember if it was your place, or Hank of Yarn that had it. I really want to make something out of it someday. I'll just add it to my ever growing Ravelry queue.