Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Lace, Lace, Lace...

Lace seems to be the thing lately and no small wonder. Lace is delicate, beautiful, ethereal. It stops us in our tracks and we give a little sigh, as we dream of knitting up a shawl that is as delicate as a cloud against our skin.

I am not really a shawl person, but I really love the challenge and beauty of lace. I am, believe it or not, loving the Oriel Lace Scarf that I am sloooooooooowwwwwwwly plugging away at. It is exciting to see the pattern and scarf take shape.
My big thing right now is beads...I want to so much to make something, lacey, beaded and beyond words beautiful! I keep looking and looking, but just can't seem to find what I am looking for (which may be the impossible). I did find a lovely pattern called the Cheshire Cat Stole.







It has beading that you can't really see in these pics. If you download the PDF file, you'll see the beads a lot clearer.
I just got an order in for a customer, so I need to hunt her phone number down and see if I can get in touch with her.
I'll see ya'll later.
kat

No comments: