Thursday, December 20, 2007

I've been Tagged!

Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Christmas Meme
I got tagged by Becky to do this Christmas meme, so here goes:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?--Both...it depends on the gift and if I'm being a lazy butt.

2. Real or artificial tree? - Artificial. Since the stupid tree farn closed down, we just have been using an artificial pre lit tree.(I prefer real!)

3. When do you put up your tree? - The day after Thanksgiving. The kids get upset if we don't, except when we got the real tree, then we would wait until about 1 week before Christmas.

4. When do you take the tree down? Right after New Years day.

5. Do you like eggnog? I prefer "boiled custard" but everyone calls it egg nog at my house. Lots of nutmeg, warm and homemade. If you want my recipe let me know.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? - we were terribly poor and my mom was afraid I wouldn't get anything...I guess I was 3 years old. Some ladies where she worked gave her some barbie doll patterns and a box of fabric...for years my Barbies were the most stylish of any of my friends. A black velvet evening gown, a "fur" coat, and some other gorgeous gowns and outfits.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? - Several.

8. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? -I would have to say, growing up an only child, I never understood why people would give me board games. I had no one to play with ...then, my friends who had big families had those games and were tired of playing them. So they never wanted to play them at my house. My mother and her husband were always "too busy" and "that's not really our thing"and NEVER wanted to play with me. To this day I have a hard time with board games.

9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? - Neither this year. I just haven't felt like doing any. Usually I mail cards but I will send fun e-cards too.

10. Favorite Christmas movie? - hmmmmm...Holiday Inn, White Christmas and Charlie Brown

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? - ummmmm...usually at the last week before Christmas...bad, I know.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? - I like all of the goodies at Christmas and goose...

13. Clear or colored lights on the tree? - It depends...one year we had all red lights and bows and ornaments...if it has a theme colored. I really like white lights and white bows, silver and gold ornaments.

14. Favorite Christmas song? - White Christmas

So now I have to tag 3 people - and leave them comments to let them know they've been tagged.. I tag the following:
LaLa
dingledaisy
amy
and anyone else who wants to play.

Only 5 more days to Christmas y'all!
kat

No comments: