Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year!

Ok, so I'm a week late. I have been busy, yeah, really buuuuusssssyyyy....



I ended my 2007 with my last project completed at exactly 11:57 p.m. New Year's Eve. Everyone at church shook their heads and said it couldn't be done, but I kitchnered the toe and yelled "CALF ROPE!" Everyone just kind of stared at me like I had lost my mind and my husband gave me a solo standing ovation...so without further ado...here are the infamous FRANKENSOCKS...









Yes, they are the same size, one thing I took notice of is how the colors can play games with your mind, makeing one sock appear to be longer than the other, but when I held them up to each other, lo and behold! they were "even steven".





My first project for 2008 was the drop stitch scarf I found on ravelry. I finished it New Year's Day!




I really wish you could see the details on this thing. It is really wicked cool.

Then, last Wednesday, Cathy Stauffer of the Coldwater Aplaca ranch came by with some of her GLORIOUS alpaca yarns. Natural smoke grey and black colors that are just luciously soft. I had to try it out and work up a model. I decided to do a lace wimple. I went to ravelry (this is my number 1 spot to look first and found a beautiful pattern. I will try and get the links here I am pretty sure I qued them! It only took 1 skein, 220 yds of the smoke grey alpaca. When I originally cast on, I did the larger size and CO 143...then to make matters worse, I twisted the join to work in the round and VOILA! A mobius...grrrrrrrrrr....after much debate, I decided, well, maybe that will work out after all. Nope, nada, nyet...I frogged it all out. I cast on the 99 for the smaller size, worked on shorter circulars (I think is where I blew it the first time.) and got to work. That was Saturday night after dinner around 6:00.I finished my whimple at 5:30 yesterday evening! I worked so fast, I couldn't believe the progress I was making. It is now washed and dryed and on a head model here at the shop. I will ask LaLa or Eloise to take a pic (my camera is FRIED and I am shopping for a new one as we speak) next time they are in. I loved the pattern and loved the yarn.

Tomorrow is the Sock Class...if you have not signed up and are wanting to, you need to do that before 5:00 this afternoon. I think Tony is going to be in attendance, since he missed out the last class and really wants to learn to knit his own socks.

Ok, I have tons to do today so I need to get off of here and get at it. I will try and post some more tomorrow...today has been busy.

later my little taters!

kat

No comments: