Friday, February 1, 2008

Lots of Catching Up



Wow, where to start? It seems like a lot has been happening but at the same time the shop has been excruciatingly slow lately. You would think that with the weather being the way it is that we would be doing a bit better here, but nope...I think the ugly word "recession" is firmly inbedded in the backs of the publics mind and people just are afraid to spend...maybe...that is my theory anyway.


We have had some great classes happening lately. The drop spindle class was an absolutely smashing success! We had 8 people show up for class and I received emails from others who had missed and want in on the next class! I think, if LaLa doesn't mind, we may schedule another class for February 16...that is tentative at this point.


LaLa's sock class was also a huge success! We have more sock addicts on our hands now...I teasingly said that I would have to change the format of my shop to carrying sock yarns only at this rate! She has also made another order and will be hand dyeing some more of that scrumptious sock yarn asap. Stay tuned!

Patty (who teaches the spindling class) has been networking and now we have some beautiful lace weight Llama from Roxywoodfarms, Alpaca from Coldwater Alpaca Ranch, as well as gorgeous rovings from Little Bit Acres Farms! You really need to check these fibers out for yourselves! The whimple I made for myself out of the alpaca is everything I dreamed it would be. I am working with the llama now and it is really deamy soft! Of course, I don't think I could ever say enough about Patty's rovings and hand dyeing, "like butter" to spin with!

This month will be very exciting too! Yes, another Basic Sock Class! This Saturday is a Heart Sachet class, awesome for beginners! Then another spindling class learning to use the drop spindles. Finally, LaLa is going to teach the "Magic Loop" technique! I'll post more info as they come along or go to http://www.thatyarnshop.com/


I am currently making an order for the new Cascade "Great American Afghan" and "Great American Aran Afghan" books. They are $12.95 each + tax extra. Several of us here at That Yarn Shop are going to begin working with this book and the Cascade 220 line to make our own afghans. If you are interested, let me know and I will order either or books for you...I need to have a prepay on the books. If you want to check it out, go to www.cascadeyarns.com and see what you think!


Our knit ins have been going great...we have had some very laid back nights, but last night...it was so much fun! You would not believe it, but we actually had Courtney of Paggios in Memphis, 1684 Poplar Avenue, come and wax our eyebrows! I have never had mine done before but she is most excellant! It did not hurt, she followed the natural line of my brow and it was just perfect! I look fabulous today and can not wait to get my hair done there...I hit tony up with the maybe getting some pamper time for my b-day in March. LOL!




Well, I need to get to work, I hope everyone has a knitty day!


kat


No comments: