Thursday, February 7, 2008

Are We Feeling The Love?


I have my radio set to wake me up every morning @ 8:00. I know, I'm a bum to sleep so late, but I don't open shop until 10:00 a.m. Anyway, so I am awakened to the sweet melodious tune of NPR. Most mornings, I hear the weather and traffic right off the bat, but this morning I got to hear the financial news. Wow, that was a bummer. Retail had a "less than desirable numbers for the month of January. Walmart and larger retailers were down from last year considerably, while Cosco wholesales were up." I laid there, staring at the dumb clock thinking..."it wasn't just bad for them either bucko."



Ah well...such is life...I choose to remain optimistic, I see good things happening in our future. For starters, The Gift Shop/Gallery that Tony and I are going to make in the front of the store, should bring in a different market and be a neat way to spotlight our Mississippi Artists.


Then there is the HOT SPOT SOX program I am fixin' to start with South West Trading Company is going to totally ROCK! I will keep you posted, but we should have some Tofutsies in by the next week or 2!

How about a SOCK BOOT CAMP!? You read that right! I'll just wet your whistle that and fill you in with more details later, but it will be AWESOME!

Well, I need to get ready for Knit In here in a few minutes. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and don't forget to support your local Yarn Shop!

kat

No comments: