Friday, November 30, 2007

Multitasking

Can you knit a pair of socks AND write a felted bag pattern at the same time? Apparently it is possible but I am afraid if I will have a bunch of boo boo's on the final draft. LOL naaaaaah...



I find myself going back to socks for solace when I am stressing over projects and life. I was kind of in between projects last night. I finished amanda's fingerless glove and didn't want to work on the Oriel Lace Scarf for Renee', lest I mess up on that 28 row pattern. It was late, I was tired and decided...you know what? I'll use all of my leftover sock yarn and make some crazy socks. I make socks that come just over my ankles and I have a size 6 1/2 shoe so, needless to say, I usually have left over sock yarn. So I cast on and started playing. There is absolutely NO rhyme or reason to the pattern. They are just plain jane socks, no fancy shmancy patterns...just a plain stockinette with a maybe if I am lucky 1-1/2 - 2 inch cuff. The colors are not matching at all and who cares? I don't have to think about them...they just flow and I am loving it. Yeah, I am a socker...can't deny it anymore.



I can't wait to see Lala's sock yarn! I know it will be fabulitious! She is supposed to bring it in today. HOORAY!!!

I know...vacuum...I'm on it.

kat

No comments: