Saturday, March 22, 2008

A New Chapter



Well, the shop is Officially Closed!
It was pretty weird seeing everything slowly dwindling away. It was really disturbing to have all of these other shop owners kind of converge on me, wanting my displays, my yarns, my needles, my patterns...and when the first day of the sale took place I had one person coming in pointing at my swift, ball winders, looms, spinning wheels, asking, "How much for that? You selling this?" THOSE are mine, thank you very much. But I was glad to see everything find a new home and I wish my fellow shop owners many blessings.


It amazes me how I could barely make it thru the week for months on what few sales I could make and when I announced I was going out of business? MAN! I have made record sales just about everyday! LOL that's the way of the world I guess. I can't complain, I got what I wanted first and I have a goodly stash. (Unfortunately, that means anytime I go shopping out of town on my travels my husband will remind me of the stash I already have at home!)


What really amazes me is how I am feeling. It's not anger, it's not melancholy or remorse...it's almost a sense of relief. I have always been that way though. When I decided to go on to something else or close out the last chapter and go to the next...I have this tremendous sense of relief. Yes, releif...that is a good word for it.


So, now, I am here at the library, because my dial up at home is excruciatingly slow and painful and my computer hasn't been hooked up since Monday. LOL I am catching up on my Ravelry and other sites, except banking...LOL I will suffer through that at home in private.

I have enjoyed this year of my life and learned a lot about the business world, life and myself. Who knows? I may yet revisit this chapter in the future but with a more "happily ever after" ending. This somehow, was a tragedy of sorts. No hard feelings though, I have great friends that I have made and will continue to see.


People have been asking, "What will you do now?" Well, truth be known, I am glad I didn't get as much debt as most folks do when they open their own business but I will have to take on a part time job. I have found a great part time job that pays very well and I can still be home with the kids most of the time. I will be a flight attendant for a commuter plane. I know, I know, it's weird...but of all of the applicants that showed up to interview the same day I did only 5 were hired and we were all 40+ women. LOL! I guess there goes the stereotypical idea of flight attendants. I go for training in Minnesota in April. It will be a weird ride but I like to fly, I like people and the money is decent.
Well, I am going to scope out the knitting books and see what is here ( all the good books are in Oxford!) and I did bring my knitting. From now on I will be focusing on my knitting and flying...weird combination but at least I will have something to do on layovers! LOL
later!
kathy

1 comment:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Good for you Kathy! Flight attendant will be fun...who wants "the normal job" anyway? LOL

Life's a journey...live it so that when you look back you will see happiness.

I admire you for following your intuition.